Blue Science and Technology Summer Training
- A Master or PhD student in engineering, bio-engineering, geography, or marine biology?
- Passionate about exploring the challenging role of oceans and seas in our future society?
- Excited about marine and maritime sciences, business development & entrepreneurship?
- Fascinated by looking across varied disciplines?
- Up for fun with international students in the heart of the blue valley at the coastal city of Ostend?
Then, join the fifth edition of the Blue Science and Technology Summer Training! (Previously called the Blue Growth Summer School)
Week 1: Marine module (30 Aug – 04 Sep 2021)
Focuses on topics like ecosystem services, oceans and human health, sustainable seafood, Building with Nature and social innovation.
Week 2: Maritime module (04 Sep – 10 Sep 2021)
Focuses on topics like maritime spatial planning, coastal engineering, renewable energy, robotics and virtual reality.
Participants have the option to join either the full programme or either one of the weeks (marine or maritime module). Highlight your preference on the registration form. The BlueS&T will close the mismatch between knowledge academic sciences and the job requirements for Blue economy's staff by combining ex-cathedra lectures on specific scientific subject with hands-on practicals, multidisciplinary workshops and on-site visits .
New this year, is the collaboration with the marine research institutes in Zeeland, The Netherlands, where you will be submerged in the worlds of offshore sustainable seafood, Building with Nature and learn the concept of social innovation through a practical workshop.
Schrijf je hier in voor lessen uit deze cursus
Participation (2 weeks)
- UGent Doctoral school members: Free
- Non-UGent participants: € 850 for 2 weeks; € 500 for 1 week
- Scholarships available, see Marine@UGent for more information
All info and registration: www.ugain.ugent.be/bluescience2021.htm