Micro-credential Blue Science and Technology Summer Training
- A Master or PhD student in engineering, bio-engineering, geography, or marine biology?
- Passionate about exploring the challenging role of oceans and seas in our future society?
- Excited about marine and maritime sciences, business development & entrepreneurship?
- Fascinated by looking across varied disciplines?
- Up for fun with international students in the heart of the blue valley at the coastal city of Ostend?
Then, join the sixt edition of the Blue Science and Technology Summer Training!
Sustainable use of ocean resources, referred to as Blue Economy, has to deal with several societal challenges, such as food security, human health and climate change. Coastal areas worldwide are among the most densely populated, but most vulnerable to the impacts of human- and climate-induced changes. Innovative inter- and multidisciplinary solutions are required to mitigate these urgent social challenges while simultaneously providing crucial ecosystem services that (in)directly affect people (e.g. storing carbon, controlling floods, stabilising shorelines, provision of clean air and water, food, fuel, medicines).
The BLUES&T Seasonal School will tackle these major (global) societal challenges from an inter- and multidisciplinary perspective. We combine academic lectures from top researchers from different (inter-) national knowledge institutions active in the several Blue Economy domains, with seminars provided by European and national policy-makers as well as private companies with an established value in their sector, and practical experience. As such, BlueS&T participants gain first hand insight in the process of designing, launching and running offshore businesses by leading experts in the field. Providing both academic as well as a range of soft, transferable skills.
Schrijf je hier in voor lessen uit deze cursus
Blue Science and Technology Summer Training
- The Summer School is recognized as specialist course by the (Bioscience) Engineering and Natural Sciences Doctoral Schools of Ghent University as well as the KULeuven Arenberg Doctoral Schools. As such, for PhD students who are a member of these doctoral schools, the course is free and will be added to the curriculum by the Doctoral Schools administration after successful completion.
- If you have followed the postgraduate Blue resources, you can join for free.
- If you are member of EPIBOOST project, you can join for free.
- Tuition and all course material
- On-site visits and excursions
- Lunch, coffee breaks and two social dinners
- Transport from/to Zeeland and accommodation, breakfast included
- Personal expenses
- Transport from/to home location to Belgium
- Other meals than listed above
- Other overnight stays than listed above, 10 in total